4rd World Congress on Electroporation and Pulsed Electric Fields in Biology, Medicine and Food & Environmental Technologies
Abstract Submission — Invitation, Instructions and General Information
The International Society of Electroporation Based Technologies and Treatments invites abstract submission containing unpublished, original research. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by experts in the field, and if approved, scheduled for either oral or poster presentation.
General Abstract Format Information
These details will be asked of you once you start the submission process. Please review this list before starting the submission process.
General required information and format restrictions
Abstract Title — 200 characters limit.
Authors and Affiliations:
- Identify all authors with full affiliation (institution, address and country), name, last name, email are required fields;
- Identification of the Presenting author (will receive an invitation email to upload presentation/poster a few weeks before the Congress);
- Identification of the Corresponding author (will receive all correspondence concerning submission).
Body of abstract — 3000 characters limit including spaces.
Classification — Please choose the appropriate field of research your work belongs to in order to aid the review process.Show me the list of research topics
Basic biology of electroporation
- Basics, modeling of electroporation including MD studies
- Membrane responses
- Cell responses (including intracellular trafficking and pathways)
- Stress responses due to pulsed electric fields and plasma exposure
- Immunological effects of electroporation
- Waste valorization
- Drinking and wastewater treatment
- Microalgae treatment
- Biomass processing
Food industry applications
- Microbial inactivation/pasteurization
- Improving mass transfer
- Structure modification/peeling
- Tissue impregnation
- Ohmic heating by pulsed electric fields
- Production of food, wine etc. using pulsed electric fields
- Drug delivery
- Gene delivery
- Cancer therapy
- Cardiac ablation
- Irreversible electroporation (IRE)
- Veterinary medicine
- Medical device development
Pulsed-power devices, facilities and apparatus for Plasma and PEF treatment
- Generator concepts, PEF modulators
- Switching (magnetic, semiconductor, gas discharge switches)
- Large-scale processing and treatment facilities
- Instrumentation diagnostics (pulsed power, optical, impedance, etc.)
- PEF treatment
- Nanosecond pulse electric fields
- Plasma (non-thermal)
- Low electric fields
- Ohmic heating
- Micro and nano devices
If you wish to apply for a travel grant, please go to the ’grants and awards’ section (here) for information and application form.
A number of special sessions are being arranged, please indicate if your abstract should be reviewed for presentation at particular special session(s). The list of special sessions is available here.
Additional requested information
Please indicate your preferred type of presentation:
- Either oral or poster presentation
- Poster presentation only (I do not wish to do an oral presentation)
- Oral presentation only (if my abstract is not accepted for oral presentation, I do not wish to present the abstract)
If selected for Poster, willingness to participate in interactive poster session:
If you wish to be considered for either a student or a PostDoc/Early Career Investigator best presentation award (applies to both poster and oral presenters), please select the appropriate option
I wish my work to be considered for a student award. I am the first author and presenter of this abstract.
I am a
- bachelor student
- master student
- PhD student
- other (please specify)
Institution at which I am enrolled (please specify ...)
I expect my grade to be completed (year ...)
I wish my work to be considered for a PostDoc/Early Career Investigator award. I am the first author and presenter of this abstract. My degree was completed less than 7 years ago (2014 or later).
My degree was awarded in (year ...)
Institution that issued me with the degree (please specify ...)
My abstract primarily falls in the category of (select one)
- Basic science
- Applied biology and medicine
- Food technology
- Environmental technology
Invitation letter for Visa required:
Important notes to observe
All abstracts must contain original work that has not been yet been published.
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
Please check spelling and grammar carefully. All abstracts will be published as submitted.
Use generic names. Commercial drug names may not be used.
Abstract Limit: There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts you may submit and present, provided that each abstract represents distinct research.
Visa Information — Abstracts submitted from outside the Schengen Area
International abstract submitters who plan to attend the World Congress may need to apply for a VISA to travel to the meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark, EU. For more information on visa requirements, please go to https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/. Please be aware that the time required to obtain a VISA may be substantial. An invitation letter will be sent to abstract submitters that have checked "Yes" that a letter is needed upon receiving their abstract submission.